Your application and curriculum vitae are what gets prospective employers interested, but it is the interview that will determine whether you get the job.
The interviewer is now comparing you against other applicants who have a similar ‘fit’ for the role, so in answering each question, try and give an answer which will help you outsmart your competition.
This course is to help you prepare to use examples, initiatives, recognition and achievements to help support each answer and provide proof that you are able to exercise the competencies being sought.
This course has 6 lessons to help you develop the interview skills you need to secure the job you want.
1. Types of interviews: screening, phone and Skype/video calls, traditional, competency based, and panel interviews
2. Before the interview: Prepare, prepare, prepare
3. The SOAR model: Situation, Options, Action, Result
4. Sample interview questions: traditional and competency based
5. During the interview: strategies for success
6. After the interview: reviewing the interview, negotiating and coping with setbacks
Take this course to prepare for your next interview.